Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Healthy Mexican Dish

Lucky for my husband, I really like cooking! There is nothing like chopping fresh veggies, sauteing and seasoning food to taste! I love using different kinds of oils, onions, cabbage, mushrooms. I play around with using tomatoes and peppers as an add on to meats. It's fun to create meals and since I am health conscious (kinda) it's even better to find healthy ways to cook delicious foods! Here is a healthy Mexican recipe.




Two chicken breasts:
Grilled on the stove with sauteed green onions and olive oil.
Seasoned with cayenne pepper (just a dash), dried basil (my fave), black pepper, minced garlic and Johnny's.
I added chopped tomatoes and chopped yellow peppers in the skillet for the last 8 minutes.

The Salad:
Romaine lettuce, and spinach
Chopped mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoe, black pepper

The Rice:
Rice-a-Roni; Spanish Rice Whole Grain Blends
* I usually don't by boxed food but every once in a while I'll do it.

If you have any questions regarding how I prepared and cooked this meal, please leave me a comment below :) I hope you will try this meal, it was delicious.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment